My Thoughts On The NEW! GOTY 2022!


Hello everyone! Welcome back! Happy New Year! I'm so sorry that I didn't post last week. I just felt like I needed a break before the new year so yeah. So as most of you probably know American Girl has been doing GOTY every year for what the past twenty years? So as the title says I am going to be reviewing the new GOTY 2022, so yeah lets get started!






So this is the new GOTY, her name is Corinne Tan. Corinne is a Chinese girl, who lives in Aspen, Colorado. Her story is about how she deals with xenophobic comments. She also has a strong passion for skiing (she also loves dogs ❤) I think her dog is really cute, I especially love her multi-colored hair, it's so pretty. Her outfits are also very cute. I don't believe that they have done a story like Corinne yet. Which is good because last years GOTY was a lot like Lea Clark the GOTY 2016, so I'm glad it seems like there being more creative with there stories! Corinne Tan is priced at $110, which is overpriced, but not for American Girl. For American Girl this is a very normal price for the AG dolls. Overall I really like her!



So this is Corinne's little sister Gwynn Tan, I really love that they finally gave a GOTY a sister! I think it's a really great idea that honestly just makes sense. And it's weird that they haven't done one before because more than one of the GOTY's have had siblings in there books they just never made a doll version of them. Gwynn is so cute and adorable! I think she's about the same size as the Wellie Wisher dolls, but then again I could be wrong 🤷 Also let's add extra points because of how dang cute her purple sweater is ❤💕 Gwynn Tan is priced at $65, which is a super reasonable price, I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure she's around the same price as the Wellie Wisher dolls. I think that this doll is probably one of the most well priced AG dolls.


Next is Corinne's Accessories. These are so freaking adorable ❤😍 I especially love the purple hat, I think it would look so cute on the AG dolls :) This set is priced at $35, which in my opinion is kinda overpriced for just 5 items that are pretty small. I think that $25 would be way more reasonable, but again that's just my opinion :)



Next is Gwynn's Accessories. I think this set is so adorable, and her pastel hat, omg it's so cute 💕💖💓 and her teeny tiny gloves too 💕 This set is priced at $25, I feel like it could have been cheaper, just manly because you only get three items. But this set like I said is very cute ❤




Next is Corinne's Dog with Backpack. This dog is so cute!! I'm always super excited for The GOTY sometimes just because of the pets 😂 This super adorable dog is priced at $35, which like most of the other items is a bit overpriced, but since is does come with accessories it's not to overpriced in my opinion ❤😍




Next is Corinne's Casual Outfit For 18 inch Dolls. Didn't Blaire GOTY 2019 have an outfit called Blaire's Casual Outfit, I could be wrong but that's what I remember. I really like this outfit, except for the boots, I'm not a huge fan of the boots, but the rest of the outfit is super cute :) This set is priced at $34, which why $34 why not $35 but then again I don't make the prices. I don't think that this set is very overpriced at all. 




Next is Corinne's Ski Outfit for 18-inch Dolls. This set might be my favorite, I love the colors of the coat and pants. And honestly there's nothing I don't like about this set ❤❤❤❤❤❤ This set is priced at $38.




Next is Corinne's Powder Blue Pajamas for 18-inch Dolls. This set is super cute, I also really love the cute little slippers! Also I love that the pajamas are fluffy, which I don't think they have done before. This set is priced at $24 which is pretty reasonable in my opinion. 




Next in Corinne's Collection is Gwynn's Powder Pink Pajamas for 14.5-inch Dolls. This set is so cute, I really love the geometric pattern on these pajamas. And if you zoom in on her pajama pocket on her shirt you can see a little white snowflake, which is a really cute added detail. I also love the little purple slippers. This set is priced at $22 which is pretty reasonable :)




Next is Gwynn's Ice Skating Performance Outfit for 14.5-inch Dolls. I'm not a huge fan of this outfit, I mean it's not a bad outfit, it's just not my favorite one. I do really love the glittery ice skates though. This set is priced at $28 which I think is a bit overpriced but it does come with a good bit of stuff so it kinda makes sense why it would be more expensive ❤




Next is Corinne's Ice Skating Accessories for 18-inch Dolls. This accessory set is super cute, I really love that the gloves match the skates. This set is priced at $24 which in my opinion is pretty overpriced, especially since you only get four items, so yeah 😀




Next up is Corinne's Ski Accessories, this set is supposed to go with Corinne's Ski Outfit. I really like this set I feel like you could take so many great photos with this set 😍 This set is priced at $44, which EXCUSE ME! That is so expensive! like it's not like it comes with that much stuff, but really AG did you have to do us dirty like that, like come on!




Next up is Corinne's Ski & Snack Shop. This set is so so so so cute! And even though I've never been Skiing, I feel like it's pretty realistic to a real ski place. This set is so cute, I also really love the brick detail. This set is priced at $150, which even though that's super expensive, it is pretty big an it comes with a lot of little accessories, so yeah 💕💖




This super cute set is Corinne's Ski Lodge Fire Pit. This set is so freaking cute! I love this set 😍❤ I really love the cute coco mugs. They have a super cute mountain print on the front. This set is priced at $85, which I think is a bit overpriced for just a few items :) but it is a really cute set 💕💓💖💗😍❤💙




Next is Corinne & Gwynn's Bedroom Set. This is a really cute set, it does come with quite a few things and I do like that you can fold it up,I think that's really great because people who maybe don't have as much space in there house could get this item and actually have a spot for it. Because a lot of AG products are kinda big and don't fit anywhere. This set is priced at $350, which again EXCUSE ME!!! THAT IS SO EXPENSIVE!! I know AG tends to price things a bit higher, and this set does come with a lot but come on man! That just seems like a bit to much money!




Next in Corinne's Collection is Corinne's Powder Blue Pajamas for Girls. I love that when American Girl makes matching clothes for you and your doll that they make them look the exact same, which I feel like most companies don't do but I could be wrong. The only thing I wish it did come with was the slippers that came with the outfit for the AG dolls. This is priced at $40 which I feel like is a bit expensive for pajamas.




In this book Corinne and her little sister Gwynn move to Aspen, Colorado. As well as living life with there new step dad and on top of everything Corinne has to deal with xenophobic comments. So I don't know if the book is good or not because I haven't read it but let me know down in the comments if you've read it and if it's good or not :) Also this book is priced at $8 so that's not a bad price at all 💕




This book is about how Corinne trains her dog Fluffy who she got in the first book, she also has to deal with new family struggles. Like the first book I've never read the book I just researched a few things about it :) Again if you've read the book let me know down in the comments if it's any good ❤ it's priced at $8, same as the first book.




The last thing in Corinne's Collection is AAPI Youth Rising Donation, which is were you can donate money to help support AAPI. AAPI stands for Asian American and Pacific Islander, AAPI is used to help in the wake of a significant increase in reports of violence and discrimination against AAPI individuals in the US. So yeah they did a Donation for different organizations for I think the last two GOTYS. 



Anyway I hope you guys enjoyed this blog post, I really enjoyed making it and be sure to let me know down in the comments what you think of Corinne's Collection, I will see you guys next time, Bye!



You guys know what this is from, right?




















































 








Comments

  1. I really like Corrine too. 😊I'm glad they're being more creative with their GOTYs.

    Also, yes! Felicity's movie!
    -Quinley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Quinley! I live the Felicity Movie so I'm so glad you knew the movie! 💕🥰😊

      Delete
  2. It's been ages since I knew who the AGGOTY was, so I liked reading this post! I LOVE skiing, so that's fun that they made that one of her passions. And the fact that she has a sister is awesome! I didn't know that they donated some of the funds for these dolls, so that is great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chloe! I'm so happy that you liked the post 😊💕💓

      Delete
  3. Love that dog! It is great that AG is donating some of that excessive profit to a good cause.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right her dog is so freaking cute 🥰

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts