The Dolled Up Tag!

 



Hello everyone! Sorry I've been gone a bit longer than I initially anticipated. I wanted to have a slow start to my schoolwork after Christmas break, and I was also having a bit of trouble finding inspiration for posts. Which seems to happen to me a lot straight after the holidays, for whatever reason. 
And so, when I saw this tag in my notes app, I thought it would be a perfect blog post to start out with for the new year!

Now, I was tagged by Brooklyn several, several months ago. But because of various things, like summer work, and moving during the fall. I just never got around to doing it...Until now.
So, without further ado, let's go ahead and get started, shall we?

The Rules:
  • Thank whoever tagged you. (Thank you so very much, Brooklyn ♡)
  • Link back to the original creator. (RJ)
  • Use the featured image in your post. (pasted above at the very top of the page)
  • Tag 1-4 people when you finish the tag.


Directions:

As RJ similarly stated in her original post, the goal of this tag is to select a random doll/toy and aesthetic, to dress them in using a wheel (Wheel of Names) To then take a picture/do a photoshoot with!

First, by typing in the names of your selected dolls/toys (choose no less than two) and spinning the wheel.

Then, after having your selected doll/toy for the tag, you can move onto the second step. Which is to use the wheel again, but this time with a collection of selected aesthetics to dress your doll/toy in. 
Those being: Cottagecore, Preppy, Girly-Girl, Tomboy, Retro, Formal, and Minimalist.

You will then have your doll/toy ready for their photo/photoshoot



Alright, now that we have the set of rules and directions understood, we can get into the fun part!


Here is my wheel for selecting my model. I decided to stick to the category of American Girl Dolls (excluding Gwynn, because she doesn't fit into most of the clothes for the 18inch dolls, since she's smaller, more like 14inches)


And the wheel chose...Felicity! Which is really exciting since I haven't gotten much of a chance to do much blogging with her just yet.


Next, I spun the wheel for the category of what aesthetic I will be dressing Felicity in...


And my result was Girly-Girl!

Now...Since I was so late to this tag...I think it's only right I do more than one doll, right?

Meaning, on the spot, I decided to spin the wheel twice more!


And the result of the second spin for my model, was Sam! I don't know why on earth I typed in her full name, but whatever. *shrugs*


The result for the aesthetic, was Retro! Which could not have been more perfect...And you'll see why, shortly...

And before we continue any further, I just want to say that some of these photos aren't the best quality. And that's only because I had to take them indoors (which I'm not as comfortable/familiar with for photography) because it was absolutely freezing outside (and snowing). So yeah...Just keep that in mind!

We'll start with Felicity, our first contestant, if you will


Here is her adorable Girly-girl outfit! When I think Girly-Girl, my mind immediately goes to ruffles, pink, sparkles, etc. And though that may not be the true definition, this is what I pictured.

The more I'm looking at this picture the more I feel like it looks like she's ready for a Valentine's Day party, lol. And honestly...I'm not mad about it.




And here is Sam's outfit! Which is probably my favorite. I tried to go for a more 70's look with what I had, and I think I pulled it off.
The reason why this was absolute perfect timing is because, I got the green banker's lamp over the weekend, at an antique store for my bedroom. And they were quite popular in the 70s! (and also, in older decades as well) I just thought that was a cool fact.

I'll definitely have to do a room tour of my bedroom for my other blog (The Girl Behind The Camera) Once it's finished 🎔


Now, before I finish out this week's blog post...Here are some extra photos I took of both Felicity and Sam!










I Will Be Tagging:

Mckayla from Crazy Country Dolls



And that pretty much concludes the post! I hope you guys enjoyed it <3 Let me know what you thought of the photos and if you think I should try out doing more indoor photoshoots. Also, please let me know what you think of my blog updates, and if there's any changes you would make.

I hope you have an amazing rest of your Tuesday!







- Hailey









































Would You Do This Tag?

What Are Your Thoughts On My Blog Updates? And What Changes Would You Make?

Should I Do More Indoor Photoshoots?

Which Photo/Photos Are Your Favorite?




Comments

  1. This was such a fun tag, I really enjoyed it when I did it! Both outfits are adorable; I think you nailed the aesthetics perfectly!
    Loving the changes to your blog. The banner photo is especially cute!
    Indoor photography is tricky. I'm scared to attempt it unless I use my studio lights because my house has the worst lighting known to mankind. 😭 That being said, your photos turned out well and I especially like the photos you took of Felicity!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much ❤️ I'm so happy you liked the pictures, outfits, and my new blog updates! I wasn't sure how to feel about any of it at first so your words helped me feel more confident ☺️

      Delete
  2. Ahh you did this so well! I can't choose which one I like better...Felicity looks so cute but Samantha fits retro so perfectly! Amazing job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much, RJ ❤️ I'm glad that I did your tag well and that you liked the outfits! It was so much fun

      Delete
  3. I love the aesthetic in your photos! :) Super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks like a fun Tag to do (if I were into dolls)! My favourite pictures (of your dolls) are the 1st and the 4th. The banker's lamp definitely fits with the retro theme. It's cool that you have one now, too! We have two or three spread around our house; very iconic, I'd say!
    Also, I love the updated look of this blog! The green colour gives it a refreshing look, in a way. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for all your sweet comments ❤️ I'm so happy you liked everything!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts