Blushing Ribbons - An (Archived) Photoshoot


Hello there everyone!

 I can't believe it's been nearly two months since I've made a post. This year, as they often do the older you get, has flown by. We're nearing fall, which is exciting for me. I'll be honest, I'm sick and tired of the hot weather. I do enjoy living in a place where you get a taste of every season, but summer has never been my favorite. I much prefer fall and winter. Being able to cozy up inside with a good book, a roaring fireplace, and a warm, comforting meal is where I'm happiest. Plus, the end of the year has the best holidays, in my opinion. From Halloween, to Thanksgiving, to Christmas; I love them all.

Now, aside from dreaming of snow and a hot bowl of soup; I recently went to Texas to visit my grandparents, aunt, uncle, and cousins. Yes, I know...Texas in August; what a joy. 




But, while there, I was reminded of a photoshoot I did last year. I had actually meant to do a photoshoot with this doll for quite some time but was waiting for the right weather and therefore scenery. And, for some reason, I never posted the photos.

(One of the photos. Taken on September 10, 2025)




During our last trip to Texas, in November 2024 (for Thanksgiving); my grandma gave me some dolls she had gotten from some friends of hers. They had lived close by to her, but because of health reasons, had downsized and moved elsewhere. The wife, like my grandma, was a doll collector, and her husband was a photographer. At some point my grandma had told them both about how I liked to photograph dolls. Having lots of dolls, and in need to get rid of quite a lot, they gave them to my grandma to gift to me. In exchange that I send the pictures I take to them. And don't worry, I did not wait a whole year to send them like I did for this upload. 

Our model for today's (*cough* last year's) photoshoot is from a brand called Robin Woods. She is titled the 'Scarlett Sweetheart' and is from 1989. I couldn't find much information about the dolls or the brand online, so most of what I know is from the small leaflet that I found inside the box with the doll.

Robin Woods was a company founded in 1983 by a woman named Robin Woods. The company's slogan being, 'A playmate today - a treasure tomorrow' tells us the purpose of these dolls were to be both well-crafted enough to handle kid's playing, and beautiful and ornate enough to be put on display. Dolls for kids and collectors alike. The company had several collections of doll lines; from classic literature heroines to fairy tale characters. 

There's a small history lesson for you. I always find it interesting to do some research, especially when it comes to something that has less information. It makes the hunting all the more fun. And in terms of what the 'Scarlett Sweetheart' 's own history is, I'm not too sure. She's a part of the 'This is My Country' line. And I think, given the name, she's meant to be based on the character Scarlett from Gone with the Wind? Though, I'm not positive. Either way, not the *clears throat* best time to be patriotic, if you know what I mean...

But now that we've caught up, I suppose you're ready to see the photos now?










The detailed embroidery, especially the rosettes, are one of my favorite parts of this dolls' design.








This one feels like one you would find it as an antique photo plate, hidden away in someone's attic.






I love how rich the red of her ribbons looks in this one. So, appealing to the eye, it's almost appetizing.







And there you have it! I hope you guys liked the photoshoot. Even given the long wait. And don't worry, I think our model can pass as Snow White, though I don't know if that has the best rep either...So, let me know if you have any ideas in regard to her name, story, etc. I think collectively we should be able to come up with something good to add to the Meet the Dolls page. Regardless, I do like how the photoshoot came out, for the most part. And I'm pleased to have some different dolls in my collection, even if the older ones can feel uncanny at times.

I have a few post ideas that I would like to get out to all of you in the upcoming months. But we shall see. Life looks very different now as to how it did when I was 12, crafting posts all day every day. Though, I still want to share bits and pieces of it here and there, even if it's less than what it used to be. I've been toying with the idea of some revamps. Just changing some formatting, and more evenly distributing my small blogging time to each one. Instead of having most of them sit, collecting internet dust; filling up on empty promises and longtime no sees. That's just been at the back of my mind, lately, so it may or may not happen; I just thought I should let you all be aware in case I confused you with some abrupt changes.

And with that, I hope you have an amazing rest of your August. And that September brings many joys. Please take care of yourselves. I love you all very much ♡



- Hailey















Optional Questionnaire

(in case you need some inspiration for the comments)

Which photo/s are your favorite?

What do you think we should name this new doll? And what's her story?

Are you excited for autumn? What's your favorite season?

Comments

Popular Posts