3 Valentine's Day Hairstyles for Your AG Dolls!

 



Hello everyone! Welcome back! So since Valentine's day is quickly approaching, I thought why not share with you guys some of my favorite themed hairstyles to do on my dolls :) I did one hairstyle for each hair type, because we're inclusive over here! But you could do these hairstyles on whatever type of hair your doll may have <3 I hope you enjoy!

We'll start with Sam's look, today!


The Bubbly Bubble-Braids

Step One (optional?):

You're going to start by brushing your dolls hair! And if your doll happens to have curly hair you can use a hair pick instead. Both the brush and the pick can be found on American Girl's website ;) This step may seem silly but it's very important for your dolls to not have knots in their hair while being styled.



Step Two (optional):

Next, you're going to take a piece of hair from the front of their head on either side and keep it out of the way for now. I did a very small section but you can do whatever you would like. 



Step Three:

Now you're going to take a section of hair, mine was pretty small, from the front of the head or just where ever you want the ponytails to be, whilst still leaving some hair in the front for some added volume.



Step Four:

Then, take an elastic band or a hair tie of some sort and tie that section of hair into a high ponytail.



Step Four:

Now, take another hair elastic and tie it somewhere below the first one.


I tied mine about two inches apart, but you don't have to be that precise ;)

Then continue doing doing step four in till you reach the end of that strand of hair.



Step Five (optional): 

I personally like to stretch on the sides of the 'bubbles' (as the picture shows) just for some added volume but as I said before this is completely optional!



Once you've finished all the steps your ponytail should look something like this! Now just repeat on the other side.



And here's the finished product! I personally really love this hairstyle, because it's quick, easy, and it gives your doll's look an added pop.



The Bouncy Bun

Step One/Two (optional):

I don't have a hair pick so I just skipped 'step one' So for 'step two' you're going to take a small piece of hair from the front of the head and set it aside, for now. Again this step is optional, I just think that the side pieces really pull the look together.



Step Three:

Now you're going to pull the rest of the hair up into a ponytail. Then as you're looping it for the third time, stop half way as the picture above shows.


Here's what step three should look like completed! And don't worry about all the crazy hair in the front, you can play around with it as much as you would like till you're happy with it :) I usually just wrap a few of the pieces around the bun. But you could always just pin it.



Step Four (optional):

Next you're going to take the two front pieces you set aside before and fold them up halfway and tuck them into the hair tie or pin them up so that they hang just below above her chin, instead. I personally just like the front pieces to be shorter, and this hack makes it so that I don't have to cut her hair. But! If you would like to leave the pieces long or have no front pieces at all then that is great too!



And here's the finished look! You can top it off with a headband, another hair accessory, or you can just leave the bun how it is :)

You guys might remember this next hairstyle from this post: My Top Favorite Short Hairstyles for AG Dolls! - Tutorial ;)



The Classy Claw-Clip

Step One (optional?):

Firstly you're going to want to brush your doll's hair.



Step Two (optional):

Next you're going to take several random pieces of hair and set them aside. I know this is optional but I find that especially for this style this step is particularly important. But you can do without it, I suppose.



Step Three:

Now take the rest of the hair and put it into a low ponytail.



Step Four:

Next take two bobby pins and you're going to pin them on either side, that way the ponytail get's pressed up against the doll's head. Making it look like that claw clip hairstyle without having the actual clip! You can also just play around with what kind of positions for the ponytail looks the best to you :)



I topped it off with a a cute little flower and that's the look completed! This one is probably my favorite <3


I hope you guys enjoyed this blog post! It was lots of fun to do :) Let me know, down in the comments, what hair style is your favorite. Also let me know what posts you would like to see me do! Have an awesome rest of your day, and I will see you guys next Tuesday! Bye <3














































Did You Enjoy This Blog Post?
Which Hair Style Is Your Favorite?
What Blog Posts Would You Like Me To Do In The Near Future?
Do You Like To Do Your Dolls' Hair?


Comments

  1. I personally really like the one Sam's wearing the most. I am trying this on Hannah!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Brooklyn <3 I like that one too 🥰 I'm sure it will look gorgeous on Hannah!

      Delete
  2. This was informative and fun. I like the curley one best

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts