Photoshopping My Dolls Into Their Movie Posters!

 

Hey everyone! Welcome back! It still feels so weird to only be doing this once a week 😅 But I think it's been good for me. Now getting right into what we are doing today, if you guys remember back in November I did this blog post: I Recreated Famous Christmas Movie Posters | YIKES! And Blog Dad had actually requested for me to do a part two! But unfortunately, due to how busy my December was, I wasn't able to do that. So I thought why, not only do that request, but also add a little twist. So then, the other day (as the title says) I photoshopped my dolls into their movie posters! The historical dolls' movies to be specific. And I know this is kind of a random post, but I hope you guys enjoy none the less :) Also, please do not judge my photoshopping skills, though they are better now then they were two months ago, I am still by no means a professional 😄


So we're going to start with the one I personally think turned out the best! And that is Felicity <3 This is actually my sister's doll (Thanks, Tony ❤) I think it turned out pretty good! I mean the proportions are a bit off and the original is obviously better, but overall it turned out good!



Here's a comparison! I will say that I do like the editing I did on the 'new' one to make it look like Penny and Felicity are actually moving! I'm quite proud of myself for that 😅 Now the real question for you guys to answer is, which one is better?



I couldn't just go about this blog post without showing you guys this hilarious picture! This was how Felicity had to sit in order for me to take her picture 😂And I just have to point out that I'm sure almost every AG doll collector has like a million boxes from American Girl, just lying around, right? Because I sure do!




Next up is Samantha! It feels so weird to say her name that way since I always just call my doll Sam. But, anyways! I think this one turned out good as well, but I don't know something about it just seems off to me. I'm not sure, what do you guys think?



Here's the two posters, side by side! I mean I think it's pretty obvious which one is better, but I'll let you guys be the judge :)




And last, but certainly not least we have Kit! Or actually it's Nellie that I took a picture of, because I don't actually have Kit's doll 😅 But they do look pretty similar, or close enough, right? I actually really like this picture too! This one might be my favorite even though it's not the best photoshopped picture of the bunch.



And as I have done for both of the previous ones, here is a side by side view of the two! I will say I think I got the hair just perfectly <3



And that is all I have for you guys today! I have to say, doing this blog post is really making me think about rewatching all these moves! I remember being obsessed with them when I was younger 😍 So hopefully they have lived up to my 8 year old self's hype. Anyway! I hope you enjoyed :) I found this quite fun to do, so if you would like me to, I would be more than happy to do a part three! Also let me know if you think I've improved at all with my photoshopping skills. And I will see you next week, bye!
















What Do You Think About This Blog Post?

What Recreation Is Your Favorite?

Did/Do You Like The Historical Dolls' Movies?

Do You Think I Improved With Photoshop?

Would You Like To See A Part 3?



Comments

  1. Oooh these are awesome, I love Felicity's. :)
    -Quinley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww 🥰 Thank you! I'm so very glad you like it ❤️

      Delete
  2. I really like Nel....Kit's the most! Though I think they all turned out good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww <3 Thanks Brooklyn! I like that one the best too ;)

      Delete
  3. This is very cool! The more your practice, the more you improve. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Hannah! Welcome 🤗
      Thank you so much for the encouragement and kind words 🥰 I'm so happy that you enjoyed it!

      Delete
    2. Thanks, and you're welcome, too! I am new to Blogger, actually. ;-) I've also been looking back at some of the older posts on your Blogs. I find them well-made and interesting (my favourite being The Girl Behind the Camera as I am also into photography)!

      Delete
    3. Well, Welcome to the Blogging community! And thank you so much 🥰❤️ I love being able to chat with people that have similar interests! So that's so cool that you're interested in photography, as well 😊

      Delete
  4. These are all terrific. I like Nellie/Kit best. This was a great post

    ReplyDelete
  5. The photoshopped pictures look better than the movie posters themselves! So funny!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you are doing great with photoshop! I liked the felicity film recreation and this blog post was so cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww 🥰 Thank you so much, Grace! I'm so happy you enjoyed it ❤️

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts