The Coveted Collector Tag!

 

Hello everyone! I hope you guys are all doing well, and that you had a very merry Halloween- oops, wrong holiday...Not for long though! Anyway, that's beside the point. A little over two weeks ago I posted this blog post: The Halloween Poll! - Results And from your guys' comments it seems like the Spooky Dry Ice photoshoot idea won! So hopefully I can get that posted for you guys as soon as possible, but since my uncle and his family are coming to visit for Thanksgiving next week, I wanted to have some kind of post for you all <3 And don't worry, you'll get plenty of posts after Thanksgiving since the Christmas season will have officially started by then, which means lots, and lots, and lots of fun holiday stuff for you, and I, to enjoy. Trust me, I have lots of ideas. 

But for today, I'm going to be, as the title says, doing the Coveted Collector Tag! I can just hear your sounds of approval, anyway, I was tagged by both Annabelle and Brooklyn. So, without further ado, let's get straight to it!


The Rules:

  • Thank the person (in this case two) who nominated you! (Thank you, Annabelle and Brooklyn)
  •  Include the tag picture (displayed above)
  •  Tag 1-5 people
  •  Have fun!
Questions:

1. First of all, how many AG dolls do you have in your collection?

Assuming we're counting the 14-inch ones, I have 7, Caroline, Josefina, Saige, Sam, Nellie, Gwynn and a recent donation from my sister, Felicity.


2. Who was your first doll?

Well it's a bit complicated...When me and my sisters decided we wanted to spend our own money on this AG doll lot several years back, there were four dolls and only three of us, both my older sister and my twin sister knew which of the four they wanted, but I could not decide between Sam and Josefina (for clarification, we were going to share whichever one I didn't pick) So at first I picked Josefina, but then I changed my mind and decided on Sam, and so that kind of became a repetitive thing until I got to have both for myself when my older sister quit doll blogging for a whileI guess since I chose Josefina first, she is technically my first doll, but I'm not sure though. So, I guess I'll let you guys be the judge of that!


3. Who is your most recent doll?

Right before we moved, me and my twin sister were going through all of our stuff (mainly toys and other things we hadn't gone through in a while) and she said that I could keep her AG dolls if I wanted to. So naturally, I said heck yes! (she had two by the way) So once we started unpacking at our new place, I asked my older sister if she wanted one of them, and she agreed. So, that is the story of how I got my hands on the gorgeous Pleasent Company Felicity doll. I cannot wait to make some posts with her, as well as all the other dolls. I guess my wish on adding more redheads to my collection really did come true.


4. Is there a doll that you love that everyone else seems to hate?

This is a very good question and to be honest, I don't really think I have an answer for it. There are a few dolls I can think of that everyone else seems to love that I don't, but not really the other way around.


5. Is there a doll that everyone loves that you don't?

Well would you look at that! It's like it read my mind. Anyway, the main doll one I can think of for a while (might still be true now) people were really obsessed with Nanea. But to be honest I've never really been in love with her or her collection. I mean don't get me wrong she's gorgeous, I just think, she never really caught my eye. You know? And plus, she kind of just felt like a replacement for Molly. And, come on, we all know Molly's the Og


6. In your opinion who is the most underrated doll?

I feel like there's so many good answers for this one...Hm... But I think I'm going to have to say Courtney. Though she's not one of my top AG dolls (which is why I didn't include her in question 4), I thought she, and her collection, were so adorable! And probably very nostalgic for some parents and other relatives. I know she got a lot of hate for some random reason, but I really liked her. I do think she's a bit too modern to fit into the Historical category. Even Julie was a bit of a stretch. That's why I personally think they should have made a Nostalgia line, that would include some dolls in collections from different eras that may be too new to be considered "Historical" but that would still be popular and fun, because of how iconic those eras/decades were. That's just my thought process, anyway. 


7. Most overrated?

Honestly, I think a lot of the GOTY dolls have been too overrated, but I'm going to have to agree with Annabelle on this one. When Luciana came out, I remember being interested in her rocket/ship and the idea of a girl that went to and loved space, but otherwise I felt like her character as well as the rest of her collection was pretty lackluster and just meh. But everyone else seemed so obsessed with her, at the time at least.


8. What's your favorite face mold?

I love all of them! (except for the newer ones) AG has always done a great job of using different face designs/molds on their dolls. And I've always thought it gave each and every doll some added character. But if I had to pick a favorite...I would definitely choose Addy's. Addy, as I have said before, is the GOAT! But also, Kaya's is really adorable <3


9. Least favorite?

100% Makena. Not to be confused with the GOTY Mckenna, she has a very cute face mold. No, I'm talking about the new Makena. She just looks like she's just done something VERY wrong...


But I do have to say her hair is gorgeous!


10. Which Beforever meet outfit is, in your opinion, the best?

I personally tend to like the original Historical dolls better just in general, but if I had to pick a favorite, I think I would have to say either Addy's or Samantha's, even though I don't think either are nearly as accurate to the story as the original ones were. 


11. Alternatively, which is the worst?

Again, I'm not really the biggest fan of any of them, but I think my least favorites are Kit's, Julie's, and Felicity's. Just because the colors, though they are pretty, seem pretty off considering the characters wealth and the fashion style for the time period.


12. If you were in charge of AG for the day, what things would you do business-wise for the company?

This is a really, really good question! Well first of all I would bring back a lot of the old AG stuff. Bet you couldn't have guessed that one? And I think I would also try to include more dolls with disabilities as well as more inclusivity when it comes to the LGBTQ+ community. And other cultures from around the world, even though AG does a pretty good job at that part. Obviously, I could go on and on, but those are the main ones I could think of.

13. What's an unpopular AG opinion you have?

If it's not obvious to you already I think the older AG stuff was better, not all of it necessarily, but most of it. And I could be biased considering most of what gets me riled up is more to do with the GOTY's and the Beforever line, rather than all of Mattel's discussions, and I think I have those biased thoughts because when I was most obsessed with AG was when Beforever wasn't a thing yet, and AG still had unique and new ideas for their GOTY's. Because even if their GOTY's are good, it feels like their just doing different variations of the same type of stuff every few years. Like how about a GOTY that loves to blog or make Stopmotions. Or make some sort of theatre kid. I just feel like they have so much creativity that they aren't using.


14. What's an AG outfit you'd wear?

To be honest I could see myself wearing a lot of AG clothes, specifically the historical ones, since I love the fashion of older decades/eras. But if I had to pick one, I think I would choose either...

Samantha's Blue Velvet Dress

or

Rebecca's Og Meet Outfit



15. Do you collect any dolls other than AG?

Not solely, no. I mean I do have other dolls like, Barbies and a few BJD dolls. And I do sometimes ask for dolls other than AG dolls for different holidays, but I wouldn't say I really collect others.


And that is all the questions! I'm not 100% sure who has or hasn't been tagged already so I'm going to tag, Quinley and Mckayla. Anyway, I hope you guys enjoyed this blog post! I cannot wait to make tons for the holiday season! ♡ I hope you have a great rest of your day! And...

"Know you are loved."

(GIF Credit: mikimeiko on Tumblr)
Btw, if you guys haven't seen Bodies (2023) yet, you HAVE TO! It's so good!!! ♥




































Did You Enjoy This Blog Post?
Should I Still Do The Dry Ice Photoshoot Or Save It For Next Halloween?
Are You Excited For The Holidays?
What Kinds Of Holiday Blog Posts Should I Make? (For Either Blog)

Comments

  1. Merry Halloween! 😂 I would still love to see the dry ice photoshoot! It sounds like a really cool concept!
    I hope you enjoyed the tag- I had a lot of fun making it, and I've loved reading everyone's answers! I can't wait to see upcoming posts with Felicity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! ❤️ I'll be sure to do it (hopefully soon 🤞) And yes, I greatly enjoyed the tag! It was so much fun 💕 It was done very well 😊

      Delete
  2. This was fun to read! I always get excited when I see a new post from you or McKayla. 😊
    Hm, if it were me, I would probably save the spooky photoshoot for next Halloween, simply because it's going to be December 1st in a few days. But it's up to you. I'd love to see what you make with the dry ice at any time! 😉

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you so much, Hividah <3 I really love reading your posts as well! And thanks for sharing your thoughts on the post.

      Delete
  3. Oh my gosh, thank you so much for tagging me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so welcome <3 I can't wait to see what your answers are :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts