Realistic Recreation Photography - Part 1

 



Greetings everyone! I hope you all are doing well <3 I know I haven't been the most consistent with my posting schedule. But I've been trying to focus more on quality over quantity with my posts. As Atticus once said, "Art takes time - Monet grew his gardens before he painted them."

I recently saw a post from Annabelle (A Murder of Crows - A Photoshoot) that got me inspired to do more realism when it comes to photography. So, I thought why not start by recreating some iconic movie scenes! Starting with one of my favorite fantasy movies, A Princess Bride.
Now, this movie has many iconic scenes as well as some very iconic lines. But I needed to choose one that was doable for my small backyard and limited strengths with special effects. 

Which lead me to pick this scene:

Skip to the time code 3:03 to see the scene that I recreated
If you haven't seen The Princess Bride, I would recommend you at least watch the clip before taking a look at my photography. 

So, after shooting the pictures for this scene with Nellie (Wesley) and Caroline (Buttercup) I took the pictures into Photoshop, and I recolored their clothing since their outfits are a very iconic part of the movie and I didn't have clothes that really fit the right color. I then edited the pictures as I normal do. 
And now, here we are! This is my small rendition of The Princess Bride


Wesley: "Can you move at all?"

Buttercup: "Move? You're alive..."


Buttercup: "If you want, I could fly"



And then they lived happily ever after...The end...

I'm just kidding! The movie is a lot longer than that. 
Anyway, I hope you guys enjoyed this post :) I know it's quite a bit shorter than what I normally do, and I did actually have two other scenes from movies that I was planning on including (from Narnia and Lord Of The Rings) But I wasn't able to shoot and edit all the pictures in time. So, I figured I should do this one first and then do a part two, assuming you guys would want another one.
And please let me know how I did with colorizing the pictures. I've been trying to experiment more with various forms of my photography, especially with editing. And I'd love to know your opinion on it all. Even constructive criticism is greatly appreciated.

And with that...I'll leave you here 🤍




















Should I Do A Part Two Of This Post?
How Did I Do With The Photos?
Have You Seen The Princess Bride?
Which Photo Is Your Favorite?










Comments

  1. Ah, all these scene recreation photoshoots are so cool!! I need to hop on this bandwagon RIGHT now...
    I think you did a great job recreating the scene, and I would love to see a part two!
    I'm ashamed to admit I've never watched the Princess Bride. I have angered many people with that. 🥲

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you so much ❤️ I'll have to do another part. You definitely should try this concept for a post, I would love to see it! And I would 100% recommend The Princess Bride, it's such a a good movie.

      Delete
  2. These photos are great! I recognized the scene even before I scrolled far enough to see the video. 😏 Your editing is impressive, too. At first I thought, "Wow, she seems to have the perfect doll outfits for EVERY kind of photoshoot!" 😁
    I'm looking forward to seeing Part Two. 😉

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you so, so much, Hividah 💕❤️ I really appreciate it!
      I'm glad you guys had gotten the chance to watch the movie already before I made this post.
      I will, hopefully post part two soon!

      Delete
  3. Wow, Hailey, this is amazing! You're so talented.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts